Recipe courtesy of Dimes
- 120g of granulated sugar
- 125ml Dimes Pure Apple Juice
- 4 apples
- 6 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 200ml whipped cream
- 1 tbsp of crushed pistachios or hazelnuts
- Boil Dimes Pure Apple Juice and granulated sugar for 10 minutes.
- Set one apple aside and peel and cut the rest of the apples into halves. Pit the apples and cut them into small pieces.
- Cook these apples in the sugary mixture for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mash the apples and strain them.
- Add the lemon juice and leave the mixture to cool
- Whip the egg white and add it to the apple mixture
- Pour the mixture into a wide dish and put it in the deep freezer.
- Stir occasionally so as to prevent crystals from appearing.
- Cut four round slices from the centre of the apple.
- Slice the rest and pit it.
- Cook it with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 100ml of water for 3 minutes before straining.
- Serve the ice cream with whipped cream and crushed nuts.