Recipe courtesy of Dimes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Dimes pure orange juice
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1 pack Vanilla
[On the top]
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Peel from 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place corn starch and sugar in a saucepan and mix well.
- Add milk and Pure Orange Juice and cook on a medium heat until it boils.
- When it boils add vanilla and leave the saucepan on the stove without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Take it off the stove and wait until the custard cools.
- Whisk in a mixer and pour into an oven dish.
- Place the dish, with custard in it, in another tray and fill the tray with water leveling with custard.
- Place in an oven pre-heated to 175 degree Celsius for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the peel of two oranges in strips and boil them.
- Drain the juice and place the peels in a small frying pan, cooking them on a low heat with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and place on the side.
- Remove the baked custard from the oven, sprinkle brown sugar on the custard and place the dish under the grill.
- Grill the mixture for 5 minutes until sugar is caramelized.
- Remove from the oven again and garnish with orange peel sauce.
- Serve when cold with vanilla ice cream.