Serves: 15 Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 7 cups ROYAL UMBRELLA THAI HOM MALI FRAGRANT RICE (1kg), rinsed once
- 2 Chinese red wine sausages, cut on the diagonal, about 5mm thick
- 2 Chinese liver sausages, cut on the diagonal, about 5mm thick
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water to rehydrate, remove the stem,
- cut into 5mm cubes (strain and save the soaking liquid)
- 20g dried oysters, cut into 5mm cubes
- 20g salted fish, sliced thinly
- 10g peeled ginger, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp GOLDEN CIRCLE VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 tsp Chinese Hsiao Hsing wine
- 1 litre water, including the mushroom soaking liquid
- Heat pan or wok, add GOLDEN CIRCLE VEGETABLE OIL until hot. Add ginger and garlic, fry till brown and fragrant. Add the salted fish, fry till fragrant.
- Add the dried shiitake mushrooms, dried oysters, sausages and fry until brown (about 5mins).
- Add Chinese wine to deglaze the pan. Add ROYAL UMBRELLA RICE to pan and toast the rice in the mixture, about 10mins.
- Place rice mixture into rice cooker or claypot, add water and cook according to your rice cooker instructions. If using claypot over gas stove, simmer over a slow flame for about 10mins (until the liquid is almost cooked off from rice).
- Drizzle sesame oil and dark soy sauce to finish.