Recipe courtesy of JA ZENNOH
- 120g chickpeas, boiled in water
- ½ onion, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 40g carrot, cut into 1-cm cubes
- ½ stick celery, peel skin and slice.
- Cut leaves into thin strips for garnishing
- 1 potato, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1 slice Rasher of bacon, cut into 1-cm squares
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp consommé powder
- 1 piece bay leaf
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp cheese powder
- Heat garlic and olive oil in a pot on low heat. Fry bacon when garlic is flavoured.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, potatoes and chickpeas then fry together.
- Add soup and bay leaf to the vegetables in Step 2. When it boils, let it simmer for 7 to 8 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve in a soup bowl. Sprinkle leaves of celery and cheese powder.
NB: This dish will go well with JA Rice