Recipe courtesy of JA ZENNOH
- 600g cooked JA Rice, separated equally into 8 portions
- Desired amount of salt
- 400g Japanese littleneck (clams), retain the shell, remove the sand and wash the shells by rubbing them together
- 100g cabbage, cut into bite sizes
- ½ tbsp olive oil and
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp consommé powder
- 1 piece bay leaf
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Some Italian parsley, chopped
- Put salt on wet hand and take a handful of rice. With your hands, form a triangular shape to make onigiri (rice ball).
- Heat olive oil and butter in a frying pan and fry the onigiri until both sides become brown.
- Add the Japanese littleneck and white wine, then braise for about 2 minutes.
- Serve the onigiri in a soup plate and pour over the soup prepared in Step 4. Sprinkle Italian parsley.
NB: Japanese littleneck already contains salt, so adjust the addition of salt accordingly.