Recipe courtesy of Chef Forest Leong
PORTION FOR : 4 serving
Steamed Royal Umbrella Thai Jasmine rice - 4 cups
Meat, diced - 80 g
Pineapple, diced - 1 ½ cup
Shallot, sliced - ¼ cup
Garlic, chopped - 15 g
Coriander root - 10 g
Chicken floss (optional) - 1 cup
Butter - 30 g
Curry powder - 30 g
Oil - 60 ml
Salt - 1 tsp
Sugar - ½ tsp
White pepper powder - 1 tsp
Red chili, sliced - 10 g
Roasted pine nut (optional) - ½ cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Season the cooked rice with salt and sugar.
2. Pound garlic, coriander root and pepper powder together into paste.
3. Heat up oil in wok (medium heat) and add in the garlic paste.
4. Put in meat and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add curry powder, cooked rice, shallot and some seasoning for taste.
6. Add pineapple, top with chicken floss, pine nut, red chili and coriander leaves then serve.