Recipe courtesy of Chef Forest Leong
PORTION FOR : 4 serving
Chicken thigh boneless 4 pieces
(To marinate chicken) Curry powder ½ tbsp.
Turmeric powder ½ tbsp.
Cumin powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder ½ tsp Evaporated milk ¼ cup
Plain yoghurt ¼ cup
Salt 1 tsp
Shallot, sliced ½ cup
(For cook chicken) Salted butter ¼ cup
Royal Umbrella Thai Jasmine rice, rinse 3 cups
(For rice) Cinnamon stick 1 stick
Star anise 2 pcs
Clove 2-3 pcs
Curry powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Water 3 cup
Crispy shallot ½ cup
Pickle cucumber ½ cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Marinate chicken with above marinate session for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Heat up wok from low to medium heat, add salted butter and shallot.
3. Bring the marinated chicken to seared till light brown and bring out.
4. With remain oil in wok, add rice and all seasoning portion then stir fry a bit. Place the fried rice in cooker.
5. Add in water and stir fry slightly. Then top with seared chicken and turned on the rice cooker.
6. Top with crispy shallot and ajar upon serving.