Tasty and healthy, this inviting recipe belies its simple preparation. Best to soak the Golden Peony Red Rice overnight before cook it with the curry powder.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins
- 2 cups cooked GOLDEN PEONY RED RICE*
- 2 tbsp GOLDEN CIRCLE VEGETABLE OIL
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 200g fresh salmon, skinless, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g FORTUNE PRESSED TOFU, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- For poaching liquid: Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat until hot (approx. 5mins). Add mushrooms to the pan and cook for ten minutes. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and water to pan and mix well.
- Add salmon and FORTUNE PRESSED TOFU to poaching liquid and simmer for 10mins or until salmon is cooked.
- Strain the salmon, mushrooms and FORTUNE PRESSED TOFU and keep the poaching liquid.
- In a new pan, heat the GOLDEN CIRCLE VEGETABLE OIL over low heat. Add curry powder and fry until fragrant (approx 2mins). Add cooked GOLDEN PEONY RED RICE and stir fry well to coat rice grains with curry powder.
- Add poaching liquid and mirin to pan and fry until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from flame and plate; topping with the cooked mushrooms, tofu, hard boiled eggs and salmon. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
*red rice is best soaked overnight, and cooked in rice cooker, 1 cup red rice to 2 cups of water