Recipe courtesy of C.P. INTERTRADE
- 1 cup cooked Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp red chilli paste (If the paste is too pasty, dilute it with 3 tbsp of hot water)
- 1 cup meat of your choice, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 3 tbsp coriander, cut
- Handful spring onions, cut
- Handful kaffir lime leaves, cut into strips
- Some spring onion, ginger slices, roast peanuts, diced shallot and lettuce leaves for garnishing
- In an electric cooker, cook the rice.
- When the rice cooker shuts off, remember to fluff the rice thoroughly and close the lid and press KEEP WARM—this ensures that your rice is fluffy and not lumpy.
- In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil and fry the red chilli paste in it.
- Add the chopped meat into the pan.
- Season with the fish sauce and sugar.
- Mix in the coriander, spring onions and kaffir lime leaves.
- On a large enough piece of foil, slightly greased, place the rice and top it with the fried chillied minced meat and wrap it.
- Bake or grill the parcel on both sides.
- Serve warm with garnishes of spring onion, young ginger slices, roast peanuts, diced shallots and lettuce leaves.
- If available, use fresh banana leaves as they give a better flavour than foil.
- Cooked glutinous rice will also do very well in place of Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice. Should you use glutinous rice, mix and knead it well with the fried chillied meat before wrapping and cooking it.