Recipe courtesy of C.P. INTERTRADE
- 2 cups Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 2 medium-sized garlic, peeled and crushed, divided into 2 portions
- 2 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and crushed, divided into 2 portions
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups water
- 3-4 pieces chicken (thigh, breast or wings, depending on your preference)
- Some cucumber, sliced
- Some green bird eye chilli, cut
- A handful coriander sprigs
- Dark sweet soya sauce
- In an electric rice cooker, cook two cups of Royal Umbrella Fragrant with the chicken broth.
- Add 1 portion of the garlic, 1 portion of the ginger and salt to the rice.
- Press START to cook the rice. Always remember to fluff the rice thoroughly when the cooking is done.
- Boil the water, add the remaining garlic and ginger together with some salt. While it is boiling, submerge the chicken in the water and close the lid. Leave it to boil for a few more minutes, then remove the lid and let it continue to cook on medium heat for half an hour. When the chicken is cooked, strain it out of the broth and leave it to cool.
- Serve the chicken, sliced or cut, at room temperature, but the rice must be warm or even hot, garnished with cucumber slices, some green bird eye chilli, coriander sprigs and dark sweet soya sauce.