Recipe courtesy of C.P. INTERTRADE
- 1 cup Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium-sized garlic, peeled
- 2 medium-sized dried red chilli, soaked, seeded and with inner membranes removed
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp, washed
- Pinch of sugar
- Some fish sauce
- Some lime juice
- Some tamarind puree
- 1 cup green papaya, stripped
- 2 tbsp roast peanut, crushed
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- Some lime rind
- Lettuce leaves for garnishing
- In an electric rice cooker, mix Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice with the coconut milk, water and salt. Press START.
- When the rice cooker shuts off, remember to fluff the rice thoroughly and close the lid and press KEEP WARM—this ensures that your rice is fluffy and not lumpy. This Coconut Rice is normally eaten with the old styled somtum, which is Thai-styled Herbed Green Papaya Salad.
- Pound or blend the garlic with the dried red chilli, along with the washed dried shrimp. Season with the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and tamarind puree.
- Turn and toss the green papaya with the dressing prepared in step 3. Add the roast peanut, tomato wedges and lime rind to the salad and garnish with the lettuce leaves.