Recipe courtesy of C.P. INTERTRADE
- 1 cup Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice
- Shrimps or prawns, shelled and deveined
- 4 cups water
- 1 small garlic, crushed
- Handful coriander root
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of peppercorn
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce or oyster sauce
- Some Chinese celery, cut
- Handful of spring onion
- Handful of Coriander sprigs
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Pinch of fried garlic silvers
- In an electric cooker, cook the rice
- When the rice cooker shuts off, remember to fluff the rice thoroughly and close the lid and press KEEP WARM—this ensures that your rice is fluffy and not lumpy.
- Quickly blanche shrimps or prawns in boiling water. Then keep them chilled.
- Bring the water to a boil with the garlic, coriander roots, salt and peppercorns.
- Add the discarded shells and heads and bring to another boil then leave to simmer for a long while. Strain off all unwanted items, season with the light Soya sauce or oyster sauce. Bring to another boil and add the shrimp.
- Serve in a bowl together with cooked Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice.
- Garnish with cut Chinese celery