Recipe courtesy of C.P. INTERTRADE
- 1 cup Royal Umbrella Fragrant Rice
- 2 chicken pieces (breast or thigh)
- 3 cups water
- 1 small-sized garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 small-sized ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 small-sized young ginger, cut into strips
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of peppercorn
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Handful coriander roots
- In a pot, boil the water and add the garlic, ginger, salt, peppercorns and coriander roots.
- Add the chicken into the boiling broth.
- Remove them and leave to cool when the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Shred the chicken by hand.
- Strain the broth and boil the rice in it until the grains are cooked and dissolved into the broth. (To save time, blend 1½ cup cooked rice with the broth and bring it to a boil.)
- Serve the porridge mixed or topped with the chicken shreds, young ginger and ground pepper.