Hokkien Fried Rice
3 cups cooked Royal Umbrella Thai Hom Mali Rice
Golden Circle Vegetable Oil for frying
2 beaten eggs (add a tbsp of shallot oil, pinch of salt and pepper)
1 tbsp garlic powder
150g cooked shrimp (diced)
150g roasted chicken or duck (diced)
80g carrot (blanched and diced)
5 pcs shiitake mushrooms (blanched and diced)
3 tbsp green peas (blanched)
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp cooking wine
1 tsp white pepper powder
3⁄4 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar (to taste)
2 cups hot chicken stock (mix in 2 tbsp of water chestnut starch solution)
- Heat up the wok over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of Golden Circle Vegetable Oil. Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble until it is almost cooked.
- Put in the cooked Royal Umbrella Thai Hom Mali Rice and mix well.
- Turn up the heat. Spread out the Royal Umbrella Thai Hom Mali Rice and let it cook for 3-4 seconds. Stir fry it quickly for few times. Do not over stir the fried rice and set it aside in a warmer.
- Sauté a tablespoon of garlic powder till aromatic and drizzle a tablespoon of water. Add in the shrimps, chicken/duck, carrot and shiitake mushrooms. Stir fry over medium heat for 2 minutes and add in the hot chicken stock. Bring it to boil until the gravy has thickened.
- Pour in the green peas, light soya sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and cooking wine. Mix well and bring to boil again. Once boiled, add in the sesame oil and white pepper powder for flavouring. Add some sugar or salt if necessary.
- To serve, place the warm cooked rice in a bowl and drizzle the gravy mixture over the top of the rice.